1. These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the reason2.be website and your relationship with Reason2.be (Reason2.be, we or us). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not register for or use the Reason2.be website. By using the Reason2.be website or placing an order you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. In case of customer absence on delivery and unless prior arrangement has been made, the order will be automatically cancelled and Reason2.be is entitled to invoice the customer the cost of the complete order. In case the order is delivered a second time, reason2.be is entitled to invoice the cost of the 2nd delivery.
3. If the delivery is excessively late (more than 2 hours), then reason2.be will endeavor to contact the customer by phone to confirm if a late delivery would be acceptable. If not, an email will be sent within 24 hours with instructions how to make a rescheduled delivery.
4. Cancellations must be be informed the day before delivery by 06:00. If cancellations are made after this time, reason2.be are entitled to invoice a cancellation fee of 5 euros. If a cancellation is made the day of delivery (from midnight), then reason2be are entitled to invoice the full amount of the order.
5. The products are delivered to the address indicated by you. Reason2.be reserves the right to refuse deliveries outside the regions indicated on the Reason2.be website or to refuse extraordinary difficult or heavy deliveries.
6. Payment of the groceries should be made before the delivery of the order when paying by credit card. If credit cards are used via the Reason2.be website, Reason2.be reserves the right not to provide the groceries if payment or proof of payment is not received before the delivery time. Cash or 'cheques repas' or ecp-cheques (edenred/sodexo) can be used as payment for future orders at the time of delivery.
7. If you are a consumer, you have the right to cancel this contract within 7 working days after delivery except in respect of non-perishable goods (meaning goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly) or goods which have been consumed, opened or damaged by you. You can do so by letter (by hand or post) to our trading address specified above on our website.
8. If you cancel your order within 7 days after receipt of the delivery, you must return the non-perishable goods in their original packaging together with the invoice to us at your expense. Please contact us by telephone (details on our website) and we will tell you where to send the goods. We will refund the full amount paid by you within 30 days. We will however deduct the direct costs of recovery if you do not return the goods or do so at our expense. We will in any case pay the cost of returning any substitute goods in the event of cancellation under this clause.
9. If subscribing to a recurring order, there is no minimum period for subscription duration and there is no fee for cancelling the subscription. However, normal fees apply for late cancellation (See point 4).
10. The standard one-off daytime delivery cost is set at 3 Euro, and evening set at 6 Euro. Orders that have at least one item that is recurring have have discounted delivery fees of 0 Euro and 3 Euro.
11. Reason2.be reserves the right to modify the product line depending on the supply. Products that are listed on the website may not always be available. In this case, reason2.be will substitute the item for something of equivalent value if the item is included in a pre-made box, or make a credit back to the customers reason2be account for other products. No prior notice is given to the customer of these changes. The credits can be refunded back to the customers bank account if desired, and the customer should contact reason2be with the necessary details to do the refund.
12. Reason2.be, being an SA/NV company, cannot be held responsible for damages resulting from the use or consumption of the delivered products. This does not infringe on your right to prove otherwise. To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Reason2.be site. The Reason2.be website is provided by Reason2.be without any warranties or guarantees. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Internet. Where Reason2.be used content from other sites, Reason2.be will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with and via the Reason2.be site.
13. Reason2.be accepts your order at the moment the customer receives the confirmation email. We reserve the right not to accept your order. Reason2.be may suspend or cancel your subscription to our service immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions. You can cancel this agreement at any time by informing us in writing. If you do so, you must stop using the Reason2.be Site.
14. Reason2.be reserves the right to deviate from the weights ordered if this is required for the preservation of fresh fruit and vegetables or if the packaging of the suppliers deviates from the weights ordered.
15. The photographs of the products shown on the site are for illustrative purposes, and do not necessarily indicate exactly what will be purchased
16. You must be 18 years to register on this website. You must supply us with correct information on registration and promptly notify us of any changes.
17. The user name and password selected by you on registration are personal to you and are not transferable. You are responsible for keeping them secure and for any use of the website including orders made by anyone using your user name and password.
18. All transactions are taken in Euros as mentioned in the final confirmation.
19. Applicable Law. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Belgian Law and any disputes will be decided only by the district court of Brussels.
20. We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the Cirkle.be website.
2. The purpose of this policy is to tell you how we process your Personal Data (ie data about any identified or identifiable living person). In particular a. what Personal Data we collect; b. how we use it; c. how we protect it; d. how you can access and rectify it. Please contact us if you have any queries concerning this policy
3. What Personal Data do we collect? a. When you register with us or place an order, we collect and store basic information such as your name, address, email and other contact information, order details, username and password and payment information (excluding credit card numbers). You may provide us with additional information on the site (eg if you store a list of favourites) or if you communicate with us by phone / email or otherwise.
4. We may receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login, e-mail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, purchase history, which we may aggregate with similar information from other customers, the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), cookie number, goods or services you viewed or searched for, parts of our site you visited and any phone number used to contact us.
6. We also use another form of cookie so that our web server will recognize your browser when you visit our site again. This will remain on your computer for a maximum of 160 days and will then be deleted. You can delete the cookie by clicking on this link: cookie removal tool. In any case, the help menu bar of most browsers tells you how to modify your browser to accept or reject all cookies or be notified when a cookie is set. Cookies cannot read your hard drive.
7. How do we use your Personal Data? a. We use your Personal Data for processing, and communicating with you regarding, your order b. We may use your Personal Data to provide a more personalized and user-friendly visit to our website as follows: to streamline future orders, to help us track user traffic patterns, to communicate with you on our website about orders, goods, services, special offers and targeted promotions, to update our records and maintain your account with us, to display content such as favourites and to recommend goods and services that might be of interest to you. We may also use this information to improve our website or to prevent or detect fraud or abuses.
8. We may access, copy, preserve, or delete any Personal Data where we are required to so by any applicable laws, statutes, regulations, standards or codes of conduct or competent authority or to protect our rights or those of our partners or customers.
9. How do we protect Personal Data? a. Security is a high priority for us. We take appropriate precautions to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. b. We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology (128 bit strength) to encrypt Personal Data you provide to us. c. Our banking partner also uses 128 bit SSL technology to encrypt credit card transactions.
10. How can you access and rectify Personal Data? a. You can access and rectify certain of your Personal Data (including contact details) by logging into your account. Alternatively you can contact us via email.